Having a cattle fattening business is a lucrative business. Because the farm has a good prospect let alone modern cattle. In addition to its activities are not boring, the profits can be from sales per head.
But success in this cattle business can be influenced by three main factors. Among them are breeding, feeding and good management. Cow feed for farms quality seeds will be able to grow quickly so as to produce a maximum product.
When we talk about the seeds of the cow, it is closely related to our goal to maintain it. As a cattle breeding business, cattle fatten cattle-breeding of both.
Apart from seeds, feed and feed management in an integrated manner can affect product optimization.
Without feeding in an integrated manner, although superior-quality cattle seeds will not give maximum results as well. Likewise with feed, is one of the very important and strategic means in the cattle fattening effort.
So the position of this feed is important as attention, because the feed has a very big influence on the increase of cow weight. Cattle need food as a staple for life, growth, meat production and reproduction.
Type of Grass Leading Animal Feed Fattening Cattle
- Bengal Grass or Panicum Maximum. It is the favorite grass of cattle and has good nutrition. The height of the grass bengal can reach 2 meters.
- Hawaiian Elephant Grass or Pennisetum Purperium. It also includes the preferred grass of cattle and has a high production capacity. The height of the elephant grass can also be as high as 2 meters.
- Setaria or Sphacelata. In addition to including the cow’s favorite grass, is also a dry grass. Setaria grass can grow up to 1.5 meters tall.
- Grass King or King Grass. Is a grass that grows from the elephant grass crosses. But it has a higher production jump than elephant grass. Besides the king’s grass is also not flowering.
Animal Feed as Cow Fattening of Legume Plant Types (Nuts)
- Leucaena Leucocephala. It is a plant that has various functions. In addition to including cattle feed livestock feed is also rich in protein sources of livestock cattle. In its application to cattle, lamtoro is used as a mixed feed.
- Glirdicide Maculate. Is a legume tree that is usually planted as a hedge plant. It has very leaves for the growth of cattle. Before eating into cattle feed, the leaves are wound first.
- Desmodium or Desmodium Rinsonii. Is a legume tree that has round leaves.
- Desmodium has a high protein requirement of cattle livestock as well as feed cattle livestock.
- Centro or Centrocema Pubescens. is a legum that grows over the land.
For agricultural waste of food crops that we can use as cattle feed for example livestock is straw. However, the quality of these crops food crops is lower than grass, except for nuts waste.
While concentrate or feed cattle livestock boosters need to be in less amount of fiber feed. Giving concentrate to livestock cattle only as a complement of nutritional needs. Examples of such concentrates are corn bran, rice bran, peanut cake, coconut meal, soybean meal and tofu pulp.